Please join us for a Presentation and Vision Statement entitled “The Future of an Academic Department of Medicine: What is it and how do we get there”.
Hosted by: UBC Department of Medicine Research Office
Presented by: Kaitlyn Gutteridge, Research Data Privacy and Security Officer, Advanced Computing Research, UBC VPR
Chris Fjell, Health Research Scientific Data Analyst, VCHRI, Advanced Computing Research UBC VPR
Date: Thursday March 30, 2017
Time: 8:00 – 10:00 am
Location: Paetzold Lecture Theater, VGH
Event Description: This event is designed as an information and interactive question session aimed at encouraging individuals collecting and using data in the context of their research to consider the following key items:
- What are UBC best practices around collection, use and storage of data for research purposes?
- What is the data lifecycle, and what elements do we need to consider when planning to collect data for research purposes?
- What are the best methods for organizing and storing data?
- What tools are available through UBC for individuals to access in order to support best practices for research data collection, storage and sharing?
- How can I gain access to tools such as REDCap for data collection?
- What are the features and benefits of REDCap, and which types of projects are well-suited for using REDCap?
- What support is available for reproducible analysis of REDCap and other data?
Who should attend: Anyone who works with or is planning to work with research data. This event is open to all students, faculty and staff who wish to come and find out more about UBC tools and resources available to support best practices in data management, security and sharing.