We, the members of the Department of Medicine of the University of British Columbia, will work with all our partners to provide the highest possible standards of excellence in patient care, teaching and research.
In pursuing this mission, we will emphasize open communication and ethical behavior, recognizing that it is a privilege to provide responsible and innovative stewardship of human, financial and all other resources.
We will always:
- Respect the dignity, individuality and needs of our patients.
- Strive to discover new knowledge that will advance state-of-the-art care.
- Ensure effective and innovative teaching of our students.
- Optimize our organization to promote both professional and personal fulfillment.
- Value the efforts and achievements of teams and individuals who work to face the challenges of modern medicine.
- These activities will ensure the respect of our peer organizations and recognition as a world-class Department of Medicine.