B.Sc. (First Class Honours) McGill University, Montreal, Quebec Microbiology/Immunology
MD, CM McGill University, Montreal, Quebec Medicine
- “Dranitsaris G, Maroun J, Chiritescu G, Shah A, Thirwell M. The development of a prediction tool for severe diarrhea in patients with colorectal cancer receiving chemotherapy.
Supportive and Palliative Cancer Care 2006.”
- “Maroun J, Kocha W, Kvols L, Bjarnason G, Chen E, Germond C, Hanna S, Poitras P, Rayson D, Reid R, Rivera J, Roy A, Shah A, Sideras L, Siu L, Wong R. Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of carcinoid tumours. Part 1: The Gastrointestinal Tract. A statement from the Canadian National Carcinoid Expert Group.
Current Oncology 13:67-76, 2006.”
- “Shah A. Treating metastatic colorectal cancer: current chemotherapy regimens with incorporation of targeted therapies
. Oncology Exchange 5:23-28, 2006.”
- Dranitsaris G, Shah A, Spirovski B, Vincent M. Severe diarrhea in patients with advanced colorectal Cancer receiving FOLFOX of FOLFIRI chemotherapy: development of a risk prediction tool. Clin Colorectal Cancer 6(5): 367-373, 2007.
- Lim H, Shah A. 5-Fluoruoracil-Fifty year on. Oncology Exchange 6(3); 30-35, 2007.
- Bashash M, Shah A, Hislop G, Brook-Wilson A, Le N, Bajdik C. Incidence and survival of esophageal and gastric cancer diagnoses in British Columbia, 1990-1999. Can J Gastroenterol 22;143-148, 2008.
- Challenges in colorectal cancer. Editorial commentary. Oncology Exchange. 7;5:2008.
- Kabbinavar F, Shah A. Guidelines for the management of side effects from bevacizumab in patients with colorectal cancer. Cancer Therapy. 6:327-340, 2008.