Clinical Associate Professor
B.Sc. Queen’s University Biology
MD University of British Columbia
Ph. D. University of British Columbia, Microbiology, Immunology
- Leitch HA. “Controversies surrounding iron chelation therapy for MDS”. Blood Reviews 25(1): 17-31, 2011.
- Leitch HA. “Optimizing therapy for iron overload in MDS: recent developments. Drugs 2011 71:(2):155-177.
- Leitch HA, Chase JM, Goodman TA, Ezzat H, Rollins MD, Wong DH, Badawi M, Leger CS, Ramadan KM, Barnett MJ, Foltz LM, Vickars LM. Improved survival in red blood cell transfusion dependent patients with primary myelofibrosis (PMF) receiving iron chelation therapy. Hematol Oncol. 2010 Mar;28(1):40-8.
- Cheung MC, Hicks LK, Leitch HA. Excessive neurotoxicity with ABVD when combined with protease inhibitor-based antiretroviral therapy in the treatment of AIDS-related Hodgkin lymphoma. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2010 Apr 1;10(2):E22-5.
- Badawi MA, Vickars LM, Chase JM, Leitch HA. “Red Blood Cell Transfusion Independence Following the Initiation of Iron Chelation Therapy in Myelodysplastic Syndrome”. Advances in Hematology 2010:164045.
- Leger CS, Leitch HA, Galbraith PF, Li CH, Vickars LM. “Acute Leukemia in Patients Sixty Years of Age and Older; A Twenty Year Single Institution Review”. Am J Clin Oncol. 2009 Apr;32(2):137-41.
- Leitch HA, Chase JM, Goodman TA, Ezzat H, Rollins MD, Wong DH, Badawi M, Leger CS, Ramadan KM, Barnett MJ, Foltz LM, Vickars LM. “Improved survival in red blood cell transfusion dependent patients with primary myelofibrosis (PMF) receiving iron chelation therapy”. Hematol Oncol. 2009 Jun 25. [Epub ahead of print].
- Vercauteren SM, Sung S, Starczynowski DT, Lam WL, Bruyere H, Horsman DE, Tsang P, Leitch H, Karsan A. Cryptic alterations detected by array comparative genomic hybridization in bone marrow CD34+ cells are not present in peripheral blood granulocytes of patients with myelodysplastic syndrome. Am J Clin Pathol 2009, Accepted for Publication.
- Leitch HA, Leger CS, Goodman TA, Wong KK, Wong DHC, Ramadan KM, Rollins MD, Barnett MJ, Galbraith PF, Vickars LM. “Improved Survival in Patients with Myelodysplastic Syndrome Receiving Iron Chelation Therapy”. Clinical Leukemia 2(3):205-11, 2008.
- Reece DE, Leitch HA, Atkins H, Voralia M, Canning LA, LeBlanc R, Belch AR, White D, Kovacs MJ. “Treatment of relapsed and refractory myeloma”. Leukemia & Lymphoma;49(8):1470–85, 2008.
- Cheung MC, Imrie KR, Leitch HA, Buckstein R, Antoniou T, Park-Wylie L, Loutfy MR. “Physician perceptions and preferences in the treatment of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)-related lymphoma”. Annals of Hematology 86(9):631-8, 2007.
- Ezzat H, Filipenko D, Vickars L, Galbraith P, Li C, Murphy K, Montaner J, Harris M, Hogg R, Vercauteren S, Leger CS, Zypchen L, Leitch HA. “Improved survival in HIV-Associated B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma with the addition of rituximab to chemotherapy in patients receiving Highly Active Anti-Retroviral Therapy.” HIV Clinical Trials 8(3):132-44, 2007.
- Fung SS, Hillier KL, Leger CS, Vickars LM, Galbraith PF, Li CH, Leitch HA. “Clinical Progression and Outcome of Patients with Monoclonal B-Cell Lymphocytosis”, Leukemia & Lymphoma 48(6):1087-91, 2007.
- Garcia-Manero G. Improved Survival in Patients with Myelodysplastic Syndrome Receiving Iron Chelation Therapy, “Advances in the Treatment of MDS”, Clinical Advances in Hematology & Oncology 5(3Suppl6): 11-12, 2007.
- Leitch HA. “Improving Clinical Outcomes in patients with Myelodysplastic Syndrome and Iron Overload Using Iron Chelation Therapy”. Leukemia Research 31Suppl3:S7-9, 2007.
- Meeting Highlights from the 48th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology. Iron chelation therapy improves survival in MDS. Community Oncology 4(3): 108-109, 2007.