B.Sc. University of Toronto Specialist degree: Physiology; Major: Biology and Physics
M.Sc. University of Toronto Anatomy
MD University of Toronto MD/PhD Program
Ph.D. University of Toronto Physiology
- Taghizadeh F, MJ Tang, Tai, IT. Synergism between vitamin D and SPARC-induced apoptosis and inhibition of cell growth results in increased susceptibility of therapy-resistant colon cancer cells to chemotherapy. Mol. Cancer Ther., 2007 Jan;6(1):309-17.
- Tang MJ and Tai IT. Reversal of chemotherapy resistance can be mediated through SPARC and its interaction and subsequent activation of caspase 8. J. Biol Chem., 2007 Sep 26; [Epub ahead of print].
- Tang MJ, Tai IT. A novel interaction between procaspase 8 and SPARC enhances apoptosis and potentiates chemotherapy sensitivity in colorectal cancers. J. Biol Chem., 2007 Nov 23;282(47):34457-67. Epub 2007 Sep 26.
- Chan SK, Griffith OL, Tai IT, and Jones SJM. Meta-analysis of Colorectal Cancer Gene Expression Profiling Studies Identifies Consistently Reported Candidate Biomarkers. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev., 2008;17(3):543-52. Citations: 4.
- Cheetham S, Tang MJ, Mesak F, Kennecke H, Owen D, Tai IT. SPARC promoter hypermethylation in colorectal cancers can be reversed by 5-Aza-2’deoxycytidine to increase SPARC expression and improve therapy response. Br J Cancer., 2008 Jun 3;98(11):1810-9. Citations: 3.
- Griffith M, Tang MJ, Griffith OL, Chan S, Asano J, Zeng T, Flibotte S, Ally A, Baross A, Morin RD, Hirst M, Morin G, Jones SJM, Tai IT and Marra MA. ALEXA – An array design platform for alternative expression analysis. Nature Methods., 2008 Feb;5(2):118.
- Tai, IT, Tang, MJ. SPARC in cancer biology: its role in cancer progression and potential for therapy. Drug Resistance Updates 2008 Dec; 11(6):231-46. Epub 2008 Oct 11.
- Chung C, Ali JA, Owen DA, Weiss AA, Yoshida EM, Tai IT. A Rare Case of Isolated Duodenal Metastases from Hepatocellular Carcinoma Assoiated with p53 and Ki-67 Expression. Cases J. 2009 Dec 17;2:9344.
- Crispo JA, Piche M, Ansell DR, Eibl JK, Tai IT, Kumar A, Ross GM, Tai TC. Protective effects of methyl gallate on H(2)O(2)-inducted apoptosis in PC12 cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010 Mar 19;393(4):773-8. Epup 2010 Feb 18.
- Khan MA, Steiner TS, Sham HP, Bergstrom KS, Huang JT, Assi K, Salh B, Tait IT, Li X, Vallance BA. The single igGIL-1 receptor controls TLR responses in differentiated human intestinal epithelial cells. J Immunol. 2010 Mar 1;184(5):2305-12. Epub 2010 Feb 3.
- Chan JH, Ho S, Tait IT. Secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine-induced celluar senescence in colorectal cancers in response to irinotecacn is mediated by p53. Carcinogenesis. 2010 May;31(5):812-9. Epub 2010 Feb 17.
- Griffith M, Griffith OL, Mwenifumbo J, Goya R, Sorana Morrissy A, Morin RD, Corbett R, Tang MJ, Hou YC, Pugh TJ, Robertson G, Chittaranjan S, Ally A, Asano JK, Chan SY, Li HI, McDonald H, Teague K, Zhao Y, Zeng T, Delaney A, Hirst M, Morin GB, Jones SJM, Tai IT, Marra MA. Alternative expression analysis by RNA sequencing. Nature Methods. 2010 Oct; 7(10):793-5.
- Hasan MR, Ho SHY, Owen D, Tai IT. VEGF inhibitors induce Cellular Senescence in Colorectal Cancers. Int J Cancer. Epub 2011 May 26.
- Wong JCT, Chan SK, Schaeffer DF, Saggaert X, Lim H, Kennecke H, Owen DA, Suh KW, Kim YB, Tai IT. Absence of MMP2 expression correlates with poor clinical outcomes in rectal cancer, and is distinct from MMP1-related outcomes in colon cancer. Clinical Cancer Research. 2011 Jun 15;17(12):4167-76. (*Shared first author).
- Rahman M, Chan APK, Tai IT. A peptide of SPARC interferes with the interaction between caspase8 and Bcl2 to resensitize chemoresistant tumors and enhance their regression in vivo. PLoS One. 2011;6(11):e26390. Epub 2011 Nov 1.