To develop, evaluate and disseminate new less-invasive treatments for heart disease.
Transcatheter interventional management of structural heart disease
Developed new devices and procedures for treating structural heart disease, particularly percutaneous valve replacement and repair.
- Leon MB, Smith CR, Mack M, Miller DC, Moses JW, Svensson LG, Tuzcu EM, Webb JG, Fontana G, Makkar R, Brown D, Block P, Guyton R, Pichard AD, Bavaria J, Herrmann H, Douglas P, Petersen J, Akin JJ, Anderson WN, Wang D, Pocock S.Transcatheter aortic valve implantation for aortic stenosis in patients who cannot undergo surgery. N Engl J Med 2010; 363: 1597-607.
- 247. Carroll J, Webb J. Editors. Manual of Adult Structural Heart Interventions. 2011. (
- Current Status of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacemen. Webb JG, Wood DA. 2011. Webb JG, Cribier A. Percutaneous transarterial aortic valve implantation. What do we know? Euro Heart J 2010.
- Donald M. Whitelaw award, Outstanding grand rounds, St. Paul’s Hospital, 2004
- Department of medicine research award, St. Paul’s Hospital 2007
- Research and Mission Award, St Paul’s Hospital, 2010-2011
- Providence Health Care, Department of Medicine Research, and UBC Martin M.
- Hoffman Award for Excellence in Research Award, 2010-2011