- Aimed at developing a more effective, coordinated provincial approach to ethics approval of research involving human subjects
- a collaborative effort between eight partner organizations representing BC’s provincial health authorities and major research universities.
- MSFHR is facilitating the process by providing funding and project management support.
- CIHR initiative to “foster evidence-informed health care by bringing innovative diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to the point of care”
- MSFHR is facilitating the development of a SUPPORT Unit in BC that will enable researchers, health-care providers, and health-care decision-makers to conduct and implement patient-oriented research.
- To identify specific actions for collaborative implementation by the health research community.
- To provide a framework from which other organizations can determine their own priorities, plans and investment decisions.
200 – 1285 West Broadway
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Tel: 604 730-8322
- Training and education
- Professional development
- Quality management
- Research Asset Map
- An alliance of Canadian research networks and organizations working to enhance national clinical research capability and capacity
- Creation and distribution of training and quality assurance that will raise the national standard for the conduct of research
- Committees include: Standard Operating Procedures, Education & Training, Quality, Clinical Trials Awareness and Education, Communication, Mentorship, Finance/Funding, and Metrics
- Biospecimen Related SOPS
- Clinical Trials Registries
- Education and Training
- N2 SOPs
- Initiative to Streamline Clinical Trials (ISCT)
- Research focus: preventive medicine (vaccines), effective medicine (new treatments), regenerative medicine (use of stem cells to restore function)
- Resources: Antibodies, Flow Cytometry, Genotyping, Proteomics
The Biomedical Research Centre
2222 Health Sciences Mall
Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z3
- Home to more than 85 principal investigators and their research labs from 10 different departments across several faculties
- Provides an exceptional and unique environment for graduate and undergraduate student training
- The LSI partners with other UBC facilities to provide state-of-the-art Imaging, Tissue Processing, Transmission Electron Microscopy, and Flow Cytometry
2350 Health Sciences Mall
Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z3
Tel 604 827 4128
Fax 604 827 3922