We, the members of the Department of Medicine of the University of British Columbia, will work with all our partners to provide the highest possible standards of excellence in patient care, teaching and research.
In pursuing this mission, we will emphasize open communication and ethical behavior, recognizing that it is a privilege to provide responsible and innovative stewardship of human, financial and all other resources.
- Respect the dignity, individuality and needs of our patients.
- Strive to discover new knowledge that will advance state-of-the-art care.
- Ensure effective and innovative teaching of our students.
- Optimize our organization to promote both professional and personal fulfillment.
- Value the efforts and achievements of teams and individuals who work to face the challenges of modern medicine.
- These activities will ensure the respect of our peer organizations and recognition as a world-class Department of Medicine.
In March of 2022, the UBC Department of Medicine began the development of the 2023-2027 Strategic Plan to help shape our future direction for the next five years.
The strategic plan will lay out our vision, mission, and goals, how we intend to achieve them, and how we will measure and communicate our progress. As we embark on this process with support from the UBC Strategy and Decision Support Team (SDS), we are seeking the invaluable input and perspectives of stakeholders directly and indirectly affiliated with the UBC Department of Medicine.
The UBC Department of Medicine endeavours to uphold the UBC Faculty of Medicine’s 2021-2026 Strategic Plan “Building the Future”
To view Dr. Palepu’s Presentation and Vision Statement for the UBC Department of Medicine entitled “Leveraging Change: A Moonshot for the UBC Department of Medicine”, click here (presentation starts at 27:27)