1. Wong GC, Boone JA, Thompson CR. Arterial embolism complicating implantable cardioverter defibrillator shocks with normal ventricular function. Can J Cardiol. 1998;14:1151-1153.
2. Wong GC, Hadjis T. Single chamber ventricular compared with dual chamber pacing: a review. Can J Cardiol. 2002;18:301-307.
3. Wong GC, Morrow DA, Murphy S, Kraimer N, Pai R, James D, Robertson DH, Demopoulos LA, DiBattiste P, Cannon CP, Gibson CM. Elevations in troponin T and I are associated with abnormal tissue level perfusion: a TACTICS-TIMI 18 substudy. Treat Angina with Aggrastat and Determine Cost of Therapy with an Invasive or Conservative Strategy-Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction. Circulation. 2002;106:202-207.
4. Wong GC, Frisch D, Murphy SA, Sabatine MS, Pai R, James D, Kraimer N, Katsiyiannis PT, Marble SJ, DiBattiste PM, Demopoulos LA, Gourlay SG, Barron HV, Cannon CP, Gibson CM. Time for contrast material to traverse the epicardial artery and the myocardium in ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction versus unstable angina pectoris/non-ST-elevation acute myocardial infarction. Am J Cardiol. 2003;91:1163-1167.
5. Wong GC, Giugliano RP. Low-molecular-weight heparins for the treatment of acute coronary syndromes. Semin Vasc Med. 2003;3:391-402.
6. Wong GC, Giugliano RP, Antman EM. Use of low-molecular-weight heparins in the management of acute coronary artery syndromes and percutaneous coronary intervention. JAMA. 2003;289:331-342.
7. Wong GC, Marcotte F, Rudski LG. Impact of chronic lisinopril therapy on left atrial volume versus dimension in chronic organic mitral regurgitation. Can J Cardiol. 2006;22:125-129.
8. Wong GC, Ayas NT. Clinical approaches to the diagnosis of acute heart failure. Curr Opin Cardiol. 2007;22:207-213.
9. Mohamed A, Andrade J, Bayliss M, Wong GC. Transient 2:1 atrioventricular block following anaphylactic reaction to low-ionic strength computed tomography contrast agent. Can J Cardiol. 2008;24:e96-8.
10. Andrade J, Al Ali A, Saw J, Wong GC. Acute stent thrombosis in a patient with giant cell arteritis. Can J Cardiol. 2008;24:e25-6.
11. Jedrzkiewicz S, Goodman SG, Yan RT, Welsh RC, Kornder J, DeYoung JP, Wong GC, Rose B, Grondin FR, Gallo R, Huang W, Gore JM, Yan AT. Temporal Trends in the Use of Invasive Cardiac Procedures for Non-ST-Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndromes According to Initial Risk Stratification. Can J Cardiol 2009; 25: e370-6.
12. Elbarouni B, Goodman SG, Yan RT, Welsh RC, Kornder JM, DeYoung JP, Wong GC, Rose B, Grondin FR, Gallo R, Tan M, Casanova A, Eagle KA Yan AT. Validation of the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Event (GRACE) risk score for in-hospital mortality in patients with acute coronary syndrome in Canada. Am Heart J. 2009; 158: 392-9.
13. Banihashemi B, Goodman SG, Yan RT, Welsh RC, Mehta SR, Montelescot G, Wong GC, Gyenes G, Steg PG Yan AT. Underutilization of clopidogrel and glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors in non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome patients: the Canadian global registry of acute coronary events (GRACE) experience. Am Heart J. 2009; 158: 917-924.
14. Wong JA, Goodman SG, Yan RT, Wald R, Bagnall AJ, Welsh RC, Wong GC, Kornder J, Eagle KA, Steg PG Yan AT. Temporal management patterns and outcomes of non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes in patients with kidney dysfunction. Eur Heart J. 2009; 30: 549-57.
15. Elbarasi E, Yan RT, Welsh RC, Kornder J, Wong GC, Dery JP, Anderson F, Gore JM, Fox KA, Yan AT. Management patterns of non-ST segment elevation acute coronary syndromes in relation to prior coronary revascularization. Am Heart J. 2010;159: 40-46.
16. Elbarouni B, Elmanfud O, Yan RT, Fox KA, Kornder JM, Rose B, Spencer FA, Welsh RC, Wong GC, Goodman SG, Yan AT. Temporal trend of in-hospital major bleeding among patients with non ST-elevation acute coronary syndromes. Am Heart J 2010; 160: 4207.
17. Czarnecki A, Welsh RC, Yan RT, DeYoung JP, Gallo R, Rose B, Grondin FR, Kornder JM, Wong GC, Fox KA, Gore JM, Goodman SG, Yan AT; Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE/GRACE2); Canadian Registry of Coronary Events (CANRACE) Investigators. Reperfusion strategies and outcomes of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction patients in Canada: observations from the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE) and the Canadian Registry of Acute Coronary Events (CANRACE). Can J. Cardiol 2012 28: 40-47.
18. Singh SM, Goodman SG, Yan RT, Dery JP, Wong GC, Gallo R, Grondin FR, Lai K, Lopez-Sendon J, Fox KA, Yan AT; Canadian GRACE, GRACE(2) and CANRACE Investigators. Relation between previous angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor use and in-hospital outcomes in acute coronary syndromes. Am J. Cardiol 2012 109: 332-336.
19. Elbarouni B, Banihashemi SB, Yan RT, Welsh RC, Kornder JM, Wong GC, Anderson FA, Spencer FA, Grondin FR, Goodman SG, Yan AT; Canadian Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE/GRACE(2)) and Canadian Registry of Acute Coronary Events (CANRACE) Investigators. Temporal Patterns of Lipid Testing and Statin Therapy in Acute Coronary Syndrome Patients (from the Canadian GRACE Experience). Am J Cardiol 2012 109: 1418-1424.
20. Mohareb M, Goodman SG, Yan RT, Bhatt DL, Elbarouni B, Deyoung JP, Gallo R, Kornder JM, Welsh RC, Saposni G, Rose B, Wong GC, Grondin FR, Yan AT. Treatment and outcomes of no-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes in relation to burden of pre-existing vascular disease. Int J Cardiol 2013; 168: 2720-5.
21. Gyenes GT, Yan, AT, Tan M, Welsh RC, Fox KAA, Grondin FR, DeYoung JP, Rose BF, Callo R, Kornder JM, Wong GC, Goodman SG. Use and timing of coronary angiography and associated in-hospital outcomes in Canadian non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction patients: insights from the Canadian Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events. Can J Cardiol 2013. 29: 1429-1435.
22. Kang JS, Goodman SG, Yan RT, Lopez-Sendon J, Pesant Y, Graham JJ, Fitchett D, Wong GC, Bose BF, Spencer FA, Yan AT. Management and outcomes of non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes in relation to previous use of antianginal therapies (from the Canadian Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events [GRACE] and Canadian Registry of Acute Coronary Events [CANRACE]). Am J Cardiol 2013; 112: 51-56.
23. Deyell MW, Cox JL, Bennett MT, Wong GC, Teal PA, Krahn AD. Adopting the new anticoagulants: all aboard or all in good time? Can J Cardiol 2013. 29: 1295-1298.
24. Tanguay J F, Bell AD, Ackman ML, Bauer RDC, Cartier R, Chan W-S, Douketis J, Roussin A, Schnell G, Verma S, Wong GC, Mehta S. Focused 2012 Update of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society Focused Guidelines for the use of Antiplatelet Therapy. Can J Cardiol. 2013. 29: 1334-1345.
25. Gandhi S, Dorian P, Greenlaw N, Tardif J-C, Steg G, Huynh T, Wong GC, Love MP, Poirier P, Goodman SG. Characteristics and evidence-based management of stable coronary artery disease patients in Canadians compared with the rest of the world: Insights from the CLARIFY Registry. Can J of Cardiol. 2014. 30: 132-137.
26. Fox, NF, Park JE, Fleethan J, Ryan CF, Lear SA, Mulgrew A, Chan S, Hill J, Mancini GBJ, Wong GC. Carotid intima media thickness in patients with obstructive sleep apnea: comparison with a community-based cohort. Lung 2014; 192: 297-303.
27. Gandhi S, Zile B, Saranu J, Bucci, C, Yan AT, Robertson P, Quantz MA, Letovsky E, Tanguay JF, Dery JP, Fitchett D, Mada M, Cantor WJ, Heffernan M, Natarajan MK, Wong GC, Welsh RC, Goodman SG. Increased uptake of guideline-recommended oral antiplatelet therapy: insights from the Canadian Acute Coronary Syndrome Reflective. Can J Cardiol. 2014: 30: 1725-31.
28. Zhang H, Goodman SG, Steg GP, Budaj A, Lopez-Sendon J, Dorian P, Huynh T, Mangat I, Wong GC, Spencer FA, Yan AT. Clinical characteristics and outcomes of acute coronary syndrome patients with left anterior hemiblock. Heart 2014; 100: 1456-61.
29. Wang JY, Goodman SG, Saltzman I, Wong GC, Huynh T, Dery JP, Leiter LA, Bhatt DL, Welsh RC, Spencer FA, Fox KA, Yan AT. Cardiovascular risk factors and in-hospital mortality in acute coronary syndromes: insights from the Canadian Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events. Can J Cardiol 2015; 31: 1455-61.
30. Fordyce CB, Wang TY, Chen AY, Thomas L, Granger CB, Scirica BM, Henry TD, Wong GC, Ramanathan K, Hansen CM, Kragholm K, Peterson ED, Anderson ML. Long term post-discharge risks in older survivors of myocardial infarction with and without out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 1981-90.
31. Saw J, Wong GC, Mayo J,. Bernstein V, Mancini GB, Ye J, Skarsgard P, Starovoytov A, Cairns JA. Ticagrelor and aspirin for the prevention of cardiovascular events after coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Heart 2016; 102: 763-9.
32. Ahmadi A, Stone GW, Leipsic J, Serruys PW, Shaw L, Hecth H, Wong GC, Norgaard BL, O’Gara PT, Chandrashekhar Y, Narula J. Association of coronary stenosis and plaque morphology with fractional flow reserve and outcomes. JAMA Cardiol. 2016; 3: 350-7.
33. Sekhon MS, Smielewski P, Bhate TD, Brasher PM, Foster D, Menon DK, Gupta AK, Czosnyka M, Henderson WR, Gin K, Wong G, Griesdale DE. Using the relationship between brain tissue regional saturation of oxygen and mean arterial pressure to determine the optimal mean arterial pressure in patients following cardiac arrest: a pilot proof-of-concept study. Resuscitation. 2016; 106: 120-125.
34. Fordyce CB, Cairns JA, Singer J, Lee T, Park JE, Vandegriend RA, Perry M, Largy W, Gao M, Ramanathan K, Wong GC. Evolution and impact of a regional reperfusion system for ST elevation myocardial infarction. Can J Cardiol 2016; 32:1222-1230.
35. Le May M, Van Diepen S, Liszkowski M, Schnell G, Tanguay JF, Granger CB, Ainsworth C, Diodati JG, Fam N, Haichin R, Jassal D, Overgaard C, Tymchak W, Tyrrell B, Osborne C, Wong GC. From Coronary care units to cardiac intensive care units: recommendations for Organizational, Staffing and Educational Transformation. Can J Cardiol 2016; 32: 12204-1213.
36. Wong GC, van Diepen S, Ainsworth C, Arora RC, Liszkowski M, Love M, Overgaard C, Schnell G, Tanguay JF, Wells G, Le May M. Canadian Cardiovascular Society/Canadian Cardiovascular Critical Care Society/Canadian Association of Interventional Cardiology position statement on the optimal care of the post arrest patient. Can J Cardiol. 2017: 33:1-16
37. Stanger D, Mihajlovic V, Singer J, Desai S, El-Sayegh R, Wong GC. Effects of targeted temperature management on mortality and neurological outcome: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Eur Heart J Acute Cardiovasc Care 2017. DOI: 10:1177/2048872617744353
38. Mehta SR, Bainey KR, Cantor WJ, Lordkipanidzé M, Marquis-Gravel G, Robinson SD, Sibbald M, So DY, Wong GC, Abunassar JG, Ackman ML, Bell AD, Cartier R, Douketis JD, Lawler PR, McMurtry MS, Udell JA, van Diepen S, Verma S, Mancini GBJ, Cairns JA, Tanguay J-F. 2018 Canadian Cardiovascular Society (CCS)/Canadian Association of Interventional Cardiology (CAIC) Focused update of the Guidelines for the use of antiplatelet therapy. Can J Cardiol 2018; DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cjca.2017.12.012
39. Sarak B, Goodman SG, Brieger D, Gale CP, Tan NS, Budaj A, Wong GC, Huynh T, Tan MK, Udell JA, Bagai A, Fox KAA, Yan AT. Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE) Investigators and the Canadian Acute Coronary Syndromes I Investigators. Electrocardiographic findings in patients with acute coronary syndromes presenting with out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. Am J Cardiol. 2018; 121: 294-300.
40. Brunham LR, Lynch K, English A, Sutherland R, Weng J, Cho R, Wong GC, Anis, AH, Francis GA, Khan NA, Wood DA, Walley KR, Leipsic J, Humphries KH, Hoens A, Krahn AD, Mancini GBJ, Pimstone S. The design and rationale of SAVE BC: The Study to Avoid CardioVascular Events in British Columbia. Clin Cardiol 2018; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/clc.22959
41. Andrade JG, Deyel MW, Wong GC, Macle L. Antithrombotic therapy for atrial fibrillation and coronary disease demystified. Can J Cardiol. 2018; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cjca.2018.08.028
42. Thomas DM, McLaughlin PD, Nugent JP, Barrett SA, Mayo JR, Bilawich AM, Wong GC, Nicolaou S. Evaluation of the proximal coronary arteries in suspected pulmonary embolism: diagnostic images in 51% of patients using non-gated, dual-source CT pulmonary angiography. Emerg Radiol. 2018; DOI: https://doi:10.1007/s10140-018001661-0.
43. Moghaddam N, Wong GC, Cairns JA, Goodman SG, Perry-Arnesen M, Tocher W, Mackay M, Singer J, Lee T, Rao SV, Fordyce CB. Association of anemia with outcomes among ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction patients receiving primary percutaneous coronary intervention. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2018; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.118.007175
44. Fordyce CB, Chen AY, Wang TY, Lucas J, Goyal A, Wong GC, Van Diepen S, Kontos MC, Henty TD, Granger CB, Roe MT. Patterns of use of targeted temperature management for acute myocardial infarction patients: Insights from the National Cardiovascular Data Registry. Am Heart J. 2018; 206: 131-133.
45. Nugent MP, Want J, Louis LJ, O’Connell TW, Khosa F, Wong GC, Saw JWL, Nicolaou S, McLaughlin PD. CCTA in patients with positive troponin and low clinical suspicion for ACS: a useful diagnostic option to exclude obstructive CAD. Emerg Radiol. 2019; DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10140-019-01668-1
46. Wong GC, Welsford M, Ainsworth C, Abuzeid W, Fordyce CB, Greene J, Huynh T, Lambert L, Le May M, Lutchmedial S, Mehta SR, Natarajan M, Norris CM, Overgaard CB, Perry Arnesen M, Quraishi A, Tanguay JF, Traboulsi M, Van Diepen S, Welsh R, Wood DA, Cantor WJ. 2019 Canadian Cardiovascular Society/Canadian Association of Interventional Cardiology guidelines on the acute management of ST-elevation myocardial infarction: focused update on regionalization and reperfusion. Can J Cardiol 2019; 35: 107-32.
1. NW Brunner, CM Taylor, JA Cairns, GC Wong, H Henning, MR Sundar, IM Penn, K Ramanathan. The effect of migration of coronary artery disease in Fijian south asians: Does migration matter? Can J. Cardiol 2007; 23 (Suppl C): 187C.
2. M Bayliss, T Oye, N Sweetapple, GC Wong. Use of a hypothermia protocol to improve neurological outcomes following cardiac arrest – a single centre experience. Can J. Cardiol 2008;
3. M Davis, GC Wong, A Starovoytov, J Saw, CE Buller, A Fung. Predictors of post-procedural myonecrosis following successful percutaneous coronary intervention – A BRIEF PCI Substudy. JACC 2009;53 (suppl A) A395.
4. MY Tsang, M Perry, M Sundar, K Ramanathan, GC Wong. Impact of age on reperfusion times within a regional model of care for ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI). Can J Cardiol 2009; 25 (suppl B): 44B.
5. GC Wong, M. Tsang, M. Perry, RG Carere, AY Fung, JG Webb, CE Buller. Improvements in Door-to-balloon time with prehospital ECG: The Vancouver Coastal Health Experience. Can J. Cardiol 2009; 2009 ; 25 (suppl B): 285B.
6. GC Wong, M Perry, K Ramanathan. Reduction in Door to Balloon Times after Regionalization of Inter-facility transfer for Primary PCI: The Vancouver Coastal Health Expereience. Can J. Cardiol 2012; 28: S189.
7. S. Gandhi. P. Dorian. JC Tardif. PG Steg, T. Huynh. GC Wong. MP Love, K Jervis, SG Goodman. High Use of Guideline-Recommended Therapies in Canadian Outpatients with Stable Coronary Artery Disease: Insights From the Prospective Observational Longitudinal Registry of Patients With Stable Coronary Artery Disease (CLARIFY) Registry. Can J. Cardiol 2012; 28: S390.
8. Wood DA, Poulter R, Boone R, Owens C, Starovoytov A, Lim I, Bogale I, Lempereur M, Shiekh I, Buller C, Humphries K, Mancini GBJ, Cairns J, Wong GC. Stability of non-culprit vessel fractional flow reserve in patients with ST segment elevation myocardial infarction. Can J Cardiol 2013; 29: S291.
9. Chan S, Wong GC, Chou AY, Alipour S, McKinney J, Starovoytov A, Skutezky T, Wong AW, Ketheeswaranathan G, Largy W, Taylor CM, Ramanathan KR. Diagnostic value of lead aVR from 12-lead electrocardiogram in predicting culprit lesions in anterior and inferior ST-elevation myocardial infarction. Can J Cardiol. 2013; 29: S295.
- 2017 Prize for Clinical Excellence – Vancouver General Hospital
- 2016 Shelley Naiman Award of Excellence in Clinical Teaching (Department of Medicine Postgraduate Program)
- 2015 Best teacher during a clinical rotation (Division of Cardiology Postgraduate Program)
- 2014 Killam Teaching Prize – UBC Faculty of Medicine
- 2013 Shelley Naiman Award of Excellence in Clinical Teaching (Department of Medicine Postgraduate Program)
- 2012 Shelley Naiman Award of Excellence in Clinical Teaching (Department of Medicine Postgraduate Program)
- 2012 Bobby Miller Prize for Excellence in Teaching – Vancouver General Hospital
- 2010 Clinician Mentor Award – Division of Cardiology Postgraduate Program
- 2010 UBC Clinical Faculty Association Teacher of the Year
- 2009 Shelley Naiman Award of Excellence in Clinical Teaching (Department of Medicine Postgraduate Program)
- 2008 Best presentation by staff member at academic half day – Division of Cardiology Postgraduate Program
- 2006 Shelley Naiman Award of Excellence in Clinical Teaching (Department of Medicine Postgraduate Program)
- 2004 Best teacher during a clinical rotation – Division of Cardiology Postgraduate Program
- 2004 Shelley Naiman Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching. Awarded by the Medical Residents to the Staff member in the Department of Medicine voted the most outstanding clinical teacher
- 2001 Merck Frosst McGill Cardiology Research Prize
- 1995 Jack Fouks Memorial Prize, Awarded for the most outstanding record in Cardiology in the graduating class
- 1994 Samuel Diamond Scholarship, Awarded for academic achievement in third year medicine
- 1992 MRC Farquharson Research Scholarship
- 1990 Karen Lackey Summer Studentship Award for Cystic Fibrosis Research
- 1989 NSERC Undergraduate Summer Research Scholarship
- 1987 University of BC Scholarship
- 2007-2009 VGH Division of Cardiology Research Fund – The effect of continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) on systemic blood pressure and left ventricular end diastolic pressure in patients with mild-moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- 2010-2012 VGH Division of Cardiology Research Fund – FFR guided PCI of the Nonculprit vessel amongst patients with ST elevation Myocardial infarction
- 2005 – Present Introductory Clinical Skills and Systems I
- 2012 – Present Core Cardiology Block Lecture Med I “Pharmacology of Myocardial Ischemia”