Clinical research: Barrett’s Oesophagus; Gastrointestinal Endoscopy; liver disease; Upper gastrointestinal disease. Health outcomes: quality of care. Basic science: Helicobacter pylori in the pathogenesis of peptic ulcer disease; Genotype and environmental factors in the pathogenesis of Barrett’s Oesophagus and Barretts’ Cancer.
Clinical research interest in Upper gastrointestinal disease, Barrett’s Oesophagus, Liver disease. Introducing quality of care initiatives as Colonoscopy Lead developing rural Health Authority Colon Screening and Endoscopy Program.
- Patients’ Perspectives on early liver transplantation in Alcoholic-Liver Disease. Wong E, Mullins PD, Wallach J-P, Yoshida EM, Erb SR, Ford J-A, Scudamore CH, Marquez V. Hepatology Communications 2019; 3(8):1022-31.
- Prednisolone or Pentoxifylline for Alcoholic Hepatitis. This Paper changed my practice. University of British Columbia CPD Program. 2016. (http://thischangedmypractice.com/prednisolone-or-pentoxifylline-for-alcoholic-hepatitis/)
- Polymorphisms TBX5 and GDF7 are associated with increased risk for Barrett’s Esophagus. Palles C, Chegwidden L, Xinzhong L, et al. Gastroenterology 2015; 48: 367-78.
- Common variants at the MHC locus and at chromosome 16q24.1 predispose to Barrett’s esophagus. Su Z, Gay, LJ, Strange A, et al. Nature Genetics 2012; 44: 1131-36.
- Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome (PRES) in Pregnancy: A Diagnostic Challenge to Obstetricians! Report of Two Rare Cases and Review of Literature. A Krishnamoorthy, B Sarkar, Y Nakhuda, PD Mullins. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2009 (3): 1-3.
- Discipline-specific Site leader Internal Medicine Northern Medical Program UBC (Undergraduate).
- Clinical Teacher and Examiner Internal Medicine Northern Medical Program UBC.
- Clinical Teacher UBC Internal Medicine and Family Practice Programs.