UBC Division of Social Medicine
UBC Rank: Assistant Professor
Dr. Fast is a medical anthropologist and critical qualitative health researcher. Her research examines how young people who use drugs navigate multiple systems of care and supervision and overlapping crises (housing and homelessness, overdose) in Metro Vancouver.
- Adolescents and Young Adults
- Substance Use
- Treatment and Care
- Housing and Homelessness
- Qualitative, ethnographic, and community-based participatory methods
Affiliations & Awards
- British Columbia Centre on Substance Use
- Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute
- Michael Smith Health Research BC
- Department of Anthropology, UBC
- Michael Smith Health Research BC Scholar Award (2018)
If you are a UBC Department of Medicine faculty member who would like to create a profile, please fill out the Faculty Profile Request Form and submit it to email@example.com. Faculty profiles are not automatically generated.
It is the responsibility of the individual faculty member to keep the information in their UBC Department of Medicine Faculty Profile accurate, current, and complete.