Researchers within the Department of Medicine are responsible for understanding and abiding by all policies pertaining to general research, Faculty of Medicine policies, animal and human research studies, research and trust accounting, and information privacy and confidentiality, as they pertain to your work.
UBC Research Policies & Signing Resolutions
The primary policy governing research at UBC is Policy LR2: Research.
These policies are designed to protect both the university and the researcher from any contraventions of the use of facilities, budget preparations, legal authority, use of ethical review committees, studies involving human subjects, animals and biological hazards, application signing, award administration, publication, patents and licensing, travel and entertainment, and conflict of interest.
These policies apply to UBC researchers at all campuses and locations, including affiliated hospitals and research institutes. Researchers are expected to understand and comply with all policies.
Visit the University Counsel website to view all UBC policies and signing resolutions. The following policies and signing resolutions apply specifically to research:
- Policy FM4: Research Over-Expenditure Policy
- Policy FM7: Contract Employees Fund Policy
- Policy LR2: Research Policy
- Policy LR3: Grants During Leave Policy
- Policy LR5: Research Grants Policy
- Policy LR9: Human Research Policy
- Policy LR11: Inventions Policy
- Policy SC1: Health and Safety Policy
- Policy SC3: COI Policy
- Policy SC6: Scholarly Integrity Policy
- Policy UP5: Equipment/Services Use Policy
- Policy UP6: Trade-Mark Policy
- Resolution #1: General Commitments and Agreements
- Resolution #11: Research Contracts and Agreements