Policies Pertaining to Research within the Department of Medicine
Researchers within the Department of Medicine are responsible for understanding and abiding by all policies pertaining to general research, Faculty of Medicine policies, animal and human research studies, research and trust accounting, and information privacy and confidentiality, as they pertain to your work.
UBC Research Policies & Signing Resolutions
The primary policy governing research at UBC is Policy #87 – Research. All individuals participating in research are encouraged to read and understand this policy.
In addition to the general UBC research policy there are a number of specific UBC policies, Research & Trust Accounting policies and research institute policies which you are encouraged to familiarize yourself with. Finally, if you are working in one of the Senate approved research centres you are responsible for any local site policies which may not be found here.
|Res. 1||General Commitments and Agreements||Research / UILO / ORS|
|Res. 11||Research Contracts and Agreements||Research / UILO / ORS|
A complete list of the UBC policies and signing resolutions is available through the University Counsel website.
UBC Affiliated REB Standard Operating Procedures
UBC Finance Policies & Research Trust Accounting
Research and Intellectual Property Policies:
- FM4: Research Over-Expenditure Policy (was Policy #90)
- LR2: Research Policy (was Policy #87)
- LR8: Technology Equity Policy (was Policy #105)
- LR11: Inventions Policy (was Policy #88)
- SC3: Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment Policy (was Policy #97)
- It is important COI forms are completed when submitting Ethics documentation. (RISe On-line Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment Declaration forms
- SC6: Scholarly Integrity Policy (was Policy #85)
- This policy makes clear the responsibilities and standards required of UBC researchers engaged in scholarly activity. It also provides a process for dealing with allegations of scholarly misconduct. Read more
- SC15: Financial Investigations Policy (was Policy #111)
- UP5: Equipment/Services Use Policy (was Policy #16/109/121)
- UP6: Trade-Mark Policy (was Policy #110)