Clinical faculty members are practicing health professionals. More than 9,000 clinical faculty members contribute to the vision of the Faculty of Medicine. They teach and inspire our learners and are the role models for the next generation of healthcare professionals. They also make significant contributions in administration, professional development, and translational and clinical research. For more information, please visit the UBC Faculty of Medicine’s Clinical Faculty Page.
All faculty appointments, reappointments, tenure and promotions are reviewed by the Department of Medicine Academic Appointments, Reappointments, Tenure and Promotions Committee.
- Faculty of Medicine Policy on Clinical Faculty Appointments *updated February 2020
- Department of Medicine Criteria for Clinical Faculty Appointment, Reappointment and Promotion
Documents Required for AARPT Committee Review
- Checklist for Clinical Faculty Appointments *updated March 2023
Templates and Forms
- Clinical Faculty Appointment Application Form *updated January 2022
- Payment Instruction Form
- EFT Form
- UBC Standard CV and Publications Report Template
- GUIDE UBC Standard CV and UBC Publications Report
- Home Hospital Support Form
- Candidate’s List of Suggested External Referees Template (for appointment as Clinical Professor)
- Department’s List of Suggested External Referees Template (for appointment as Clinical Professor)