The UBC Stewardship Statement and the UBC Code of Conduct set out the University’s expectation that all UBC persons will adhere to the highest ethical standards and to the University’s core values in their professional and personal conduct.
It is the responsibility of every UBC person to comply with the underlying policies and procedures, and to exercise sound stewardship of public resources.
UBC Faculty of Medicine Office of Professionalism
The UBC Faculty of Medicine Office of Professionalism is also available to support members of the Faculty of Medicine community.
The Office of Professionalism provides Faculty-wide oversight, guidance, and support to meet the University and Faculty goals of maintaining respectful work and learning environments that reflect the principles set out in UBC’s Statement on Respectful Environment and that are aligned with professional standards.
This work includes the development of policies and processes, clear and effective interventions, and education initiatives to ensure that professional and respectful work and learning environments are present and consistent throughout the Faculty.
The Office is involved in the following activities:
- Triaging and providing support in the management of workplace and learning environment concerns and complaints
- Mistreatment Help
- Advising and assisting faculty and students with questions and concerns related to professional standards
- Policy Development
- Educational Programs and Faculty Development
- Interfacing with UBC central offices such as the Student Violence Prevention and Resource Office, the Office of Independent Investigations, the Office of Equity and Inclusion and Vice-President Students
- Liaising with external organizations, including the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC, on matters related to professionalism and/or the work and learning environment