Department of Medicine
The mission of the Research Office is to support and advance research, scholarship and
innovation in the Department of Medicine. Our goals are to uphold the values of the
Department of Medicine and to assist in the development of a new collaborative, goal oriented research culture.
The Research Office and the Research Advisory Committee (RAC) are committed to
celebrating the success of our researchers who have helped the Department of Medicine achieve a position as a preeminent research centre.
Meet the Research Office Team
Teresa S.M. Tsang, MD, FRCPC, FACC, FASE
Co-Acting Head and Associate Head Research
Dr. Tsang is the Associate Head of Research for the Department of Medicine. She is a Professor of Medicine within the Division of Cardiology with expertise in echocardiography and clinical epidemiology. She is internationally recognized for her research in atrial fibrillation; echocardiographic prediction and prevention of first atrial fibrillation, heart failure, stroke; atrial remodeling and reversal; and diastolic function. Dr. Tsang oversees the strategic operations of the Research Office, takes the lead role in the Research Task Force and the external review of research, and develops initiatives to advance the research mission of the Department.
Anna Meredith, Ph.D
(604) 875 – 4111 ext. 21503
Dr. Meredith has over 10 years of experience in translational research, project management, and scientific communication. She completed her PhD training in Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of British Columbia where her research focused on cardiac remodeling and biomarker discovery. She is excited to use her training and experience to support Medicine’s existing research portfolio, and looks forward to working with the Research Office team, as well as the broader community within the Department of Medicine, to build upon existing research capacity and support for its members.
Diamond Health Care Centre
10th floor, Room 10119 – 2775 Laurel Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1M9
Phone: 604 875 4111 ext 21503
Fax: 604 875 4886
- Departmental signature deadline is 6 business days before the external deadline (unless otherwise stated).
- Where possible, the DOM Research Office will endeavour to have a 48 hour turnaround policy for signatures. However, complex requests (i.e. support letters for salary awards, contract review requests for University Counsel) may require additional time. Please check with the DOM Research Office in advance if you have a complex request.
- Submit signature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org cc: Anna Meredith in the Department of Medicine Research Office.
- Dr. Anita Palepu, Head Department of Medicine or Dr. Teresa Tsang, Associate Head of Research signs for DoM Research.
- Read more about getting signatures here.