On January 16, 2023, the Faculty of Medicine celebrated the outstanding faculty and staff who are dedicated to transforming health for everyone through innovative research, teaching excellence, and service to the University during their annual Awards Reception hosted by the Dean.
“These awards recognize and celebrate the extraordinary contributions of faculty and staff who embody our values of respect, integrity, compassion, collaboration and equity — helping us to transform health for everyone.”— Dr. Dermot Kelleher
Dean, Faculty of Medicine
Vice-President, Health, UBC
The UBC Department of Medicine would like to congratulate the very deserving members who have been named the Faculty of Medicine’s 2022 Award recipients:
- Dr. Scott Apperley (division of respiratory medicine) – 2022 Clinical Faculty Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching, Early Career
- Dr. Melanie Murray (division of infectious diseases) – 2022 Clinical Faculty Award for Excellence in Mentorship, Mid/Late Career
- Dr. Zachary Laksman (division of cardiology) – 2022 Distinguished Achievement Award for Excellence in Basic Science Research
- Dr. Rose Hatala (division of general internal medicine) – 2022 Distinguished Achievement Award for Excellence in Education
- Dr. Nadia Fairbairn (division of social medicine) – 2022 Distinguished Achievement Award for Overall Excellence, Early Career
- Dr. Liam Brunham (division of general internal medicine) – 2022 Distinguished Achievement Award for Overall Excellence, Mid Career
- Vishaldeep Sidhu (division of cardiology) – 2022 Dean’s Staff Award for Creativity & Innovation
Congratulations to all on this wonderful achievement!