Co-Founder of Canadian Advances in Neuro-Orthopedics for Spasticity Congress. Research into novel treatments and best practices for spasticity. Acute management of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.
- Winston, Paul, et al. “CRYONEUROTOMY AS A PERCUTANEOUS MINI-INVASIVE THERAPY FOR THE TREATMENT OF THE SPASTIC Limb: Case Presentation, Review of the Literature and Proposed Approach for Use.” Archives of Rehabilitation Research and Clinical Translation, Oct. 2019, p. 100030, doi:10.1016/j.arrct.2019.100030.
- Jamroz, A, Berger, M, Winston, P. Prednisone for acute complex regional pain syndrome: A retrospective cohort study. Pain Research and Management. 2020, 1–10. https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/8182569
- Ruiz-Peters, Winston, & Krauss, 2020)Ruiz-Peters, M., Winston, P., & Krauss, E. M. (2020). Perioperative Weakness. American Journal of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Winston, P., & Bakker, D. (2020). Ischemic monomelic neuropathy. The case for re-introducing a little-known term. Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences / Journal Canadien Des Sciences Neurologiques, 1-10. doi:10.1017/cjn.2020.88
- Reebye, R., Finlayson, H., May, C., Satkunam, L., Wein, T., Miller, T., . . . Winston, P. (2020). Practical Guidance for Outpatient Spasticity Management during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: Canadian Spasticity COVID-19 Task Force. Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences / Journal Canadien Des Sciences Neurologiques, 1-17. doi:10.1017/cjn.2020.104
- K. E., Ngo, P. V., & Winston, P. (2020). Access to Focal Spasticity Care : A Cross Canada Survey of Physiatrists. Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences / Journal Canadien Des Sciences Neurologiques, 1–13. https://doi.org/10.1017/cjn.2020.108
- Yu, J., McIntyre, M., Robinson, L., Winston, P. Changes to rehabilitation service delivery and the associated physician perspectives during the COVID-19 pandemic: A mixed methods needs assessment study” AJPMR in Press
- Dhatt, S., Winston, P. The role of FLIR ONE ® thermography in complex regional pain syndrome: A case series” AJPMR in Press.
- 2019 – Winner CAPMR Medical Student Research Contest. Principle Investigator to Andrew Jamroz. Prednisone for Acute Management of Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. A retrospective case series
• 2018 – Using evidence to build a world-leading hub for the management of spasticity. Island Health Evidence into Practice Silver Medal and People’s Choice award. November.
• 2018 – South Island Facilities Engagement Imitative project: Conquering Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.$10,000.
• 2018 – South Island Facilities Engagement Imitative project: Creating a world leading centre in novel treatment of spasticity through collaborative care.$10,000.
• 2018. Creation of a spasticity outcome platform with the CanAssist at the University of Victoria. $30,000. Unrestricted grant from Allergan Canada.
• 2018 – First Prize. Case Report Oral Presentation. CAPMR 2018. Whitehorse.
Extensive teaching through clinical practice with the Island Medical Program. Multiple Flex projects completed and ongoing through UBC.