Please join Dermot Kelleher, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine and Vice-President of Health, and the Office of Respectful Environments, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (REDI), for the next It Starts With Us event on Orange Shirt Day, National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
Speakers at this event will include Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond, Director of the Indian Residential School History and Dialogue Centre and Derek Thompson – Thlaapkiituup, the Indigenous Initiatives Advisor at REDI.
When: Tuesday September 28, 2021 | 12:00-1:30 pm
- Dr. Dermot Kelleher, Dean, Faculty of Medicine and Vice-President of Health, UBC
- Elder Doris Fox of xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam)
- Dr. Alika Lafontaine, President-Elect, Canadian Medical Association
- Mary Ellen Turpel-Lafond, Aki-Kwe, Academic Director, Indian Residential School History and Dialogue Centre
- Deborah Cooke – Anaapiiatuk, Indian Residential School Survivor
- Derek Thompson – Thlaapkiituup, Indigenous Initiatives Advisor, REDI
What Will I Learn? You will learn about the historical and current context about the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation, and the significance of Orange Shirt Day.
Learn more about REDI’s Indigenous Initiatives here
For more about the “It Starts with Us” series, please click here