Clinical Assistant Professor
BMSc University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta Medical Science
MD University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta Medicine
- Wong RY, Chittock DR, McLean N, Wilbur K. Discharge Outcomes of Older Medical In-patients in a Specialized Acute Care for Elders Unit Compared with Non-specialized Units. Can J Geriatr 2006; 9: 96-101. (Principal and Senior Author, Supervised Dr. N. McLean).
- Nguyen VC, Miller WC, Asano M, Wong RY. Measurement properties of the L test for gait in hospitalized elderly. Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2007; 86(6): 463-8 (Co-Senior Author with Dr. WC Miller, Supervised Dr. VC Nguyen).
- Villanyi D, Wong RYM. Self-reported understanding of diabetes and its treatment among elderly ambulatory subjects in British Columbia. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 2007; 5: 18-30 (Senior Author, Supervised Dr. D Villanyi).
- Wilbur K, Wong RY. Assessing geriatric patients’ ability to functionally manage medication packaging. Can J Hosp Pharm 2007; 60(4): 238-44 (Co-Senior Author with Dr. K Wilbur).
- Wong RY, Kassen BO, Hollohan K, Hatala R, Roberts JM. A new interactive forum to promote awareness and skills in quality improvement among internal medicine residents: a descriptive report. Can J Gen Int Med 2007; 2 (1): 35-6 (Principal Author).
- Wong RY, Lee PE, Wong H, Yu E. Effect of academic detailing on changing physician attitudes towards geriatric care. Can J Geriatr 2007; 10 (4): 154-159 (Principal and Senior Author, Supervised Dr. PE Lee).
- Wong RY, Roberts JM. Real time curriculum map for internal medicine residency. BMC Medical Education 2007; 7: 42 (Principal Author).
- Wong RY, Hollohan K, Roberts JM, Hatala R, Ma I, Kassen BO. A descriptive report of an innovative curriculum to teach quality improvement competencies to internal medicine residents. Can J Gen Int Med 2008; 3 (1): 26-29 (Principal Author).
- Wong RY, Miller WC. Adverse outcomes following hospitalization in acutely ill older patients. BMC Geriatrics 2008; 8: 10 (Co-Senior Author with Dr. WC Miller).
- Wong RY, Roberts JM. Practical tips for teaching postgraduate residents continuous quality improvement. Open Gen and Intern Med Jour 2008; 2: 8-11. (Principal Author).
- Wong RY, Ryerson CJ, Ko HH, Millington SJ, Renouf DJ, Staples JA. A new Internet-based learning resource for internal medicine residents. Can J Gen Int Med 2008; 3 (2): 76-79 (Senior Author, Supervised Drs. Ryerson, Ko, Millington, Renouf, Staples).
- Wong RY. Ten tips for operating an effective acute care for elders unit (ACE). Can J Geriatr 2008; 11(4):181-185 (Principal Author).
- Cuncic C, Miller WC, Weger L, Wong RYM. Community mobility of older patients following acute hospitalization. Can J Geriatr 2009; 12(2): 80-83 (Senior Author. Supervised Dr. Cuncic).
- Millington SJ, Wong R, Kassen BO, Roberts JM, Ma IWY. Improving internal medicine residents’ performance, knowledge, and confidence in central venous catheterization using simulators. Journal of Hospital Medicine 2009; 4: 410–416 (Co-Senior Author with Dr. IWY Ma).
- Wong RY, Liao J, Li A, Parmar N. Perioperative considerations in frail older adults. Can J Gen Int Med 2009; 4 (2): 70-72 (Senior Author, Supervised Drs. Liao, Li, Parmar).
- Wong RY, Saber SS, Ma I, Roberts JM. Using television shows to teach communication skills in internal medicine residency. BMC Medical Education 2009; revisions with editor. (Senior Author. Supervised Mr. Saber).
- Ma IW, Roberts JM, Wong RY, Nair P. A procedural teaching tree to aid resident doctor peer-teachers. Med Educ. 2010; 44(11): 1134-1135 (Senior Author).
- Shanks D, Wong RY, Roberts JM, Nair P, Ma IW. Use of simulator-based medical procedural curriculum: the learner’s perspectives. BMC Med Education 2010; 10: 77 (Co-Senior Author, Co-supervised Dr. Shanks).
- Sohi D, Li A, Wong RY. Development and implementation of CanMEDS health advocacy curriculum for internal medicine residents. Can J Gen Int Med 2010; 5 (4): 164-167 (Senior Author, Supervised Drs. Sohi, Li).
- Stafford S, Sedlak T, Fok MC, Wong RY. Evaluation of resident attitudes and self-reported competencies in health advocacy. BMC Medical Education 2010; 10: 82 (Senior Author, Supervised Drs. Stafford, Sedlak, Fok).
- Villars H, Oustric S, Andrieu S, Baeyens JP, Bernabei R, Brodaty H, Brummel-Smith K, Celafu C, Chappell N, Fitten J, Frisoni G, Froelich L, Guerin O, Gold G, Holmerova I, Iliffe S, Lukas A, Melis R, Morley JE, Nies H, Nourhashemi F, Petermans J, Ribera Casado J, Rubenstein L, Salva A, Sieber C, Sinclair A, Schindler R, Stephan E, Wong RY, Vellas B. The primary care physician and Alzheimer’s disease: An international position paper. Journal of Nutrition, Health & Aging 2010; 14 (2): 110-120 (Co-Senior Author).
- Wong RY. Transferring nursing home residents to acute care hospital – to do or not to do, that is the question. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2010; 11 (5): 304-305 (Principal Author).
- Chua GT, Wong RY. Association between vitamin D dosing regimen and fall prevention in long-term care seniors. Can Geriatr J 2011; 14(4): 93-99 (Senior Author. Supervised Dr. Chua).
- Sztramko R, Chau V, Wong R. Adverse drug events and associated factors in heart failure therapy among the very elderly. Can Geriatr J 2011; 14(4): 79-92 (Senior Author. Supervised Drs. Sztramko and Chau).
- Villanyi D, Fok M, Wong RYM. Medication reconciliation: Identifying medication discrepancies in acutely ill hospitalized older adults. Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 2011; 9(5): 339-344 (Senior Author, Supervised Drs. Villanyi and Fok).
- Wong RY. A New Lens to Look at Aging: Clinical pearls that I wish I knew when I was a medical student. UBC Med J. 2011; 3 (1): 6-7 (Principal Author).
- Wong RY. Improving end-of-life care for patients with noncancer illnesses: the time is now. J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2011; 12 (2): 86-87 (Principal Author).