Clinical Associate Professor
- HIV and AIDS
- HIV and Hepatitis C
- Infection Control
MD University of British Columbia
Undergraduate Loyola Marymount University Biology
- Christie T, Jiwani B, Asrat G, Montessori V, Mathias R, Montaner J. Ethical and scientific issues surrounding solid organ transplantation in HIV-positive patients: Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Can J Infect Dis Med Microbiol 2006;17(1):15-18.
- Barraclough K, Harris M, Montessori V, Levin A. An unusual case of acute kidney injury due to vancomycin – lessons learnt from reliance or eGFR, Nephrol Dial Transplant 2007;1-4.
- Gutierrez S, Guillemi S, Jahnke N, Montessori V, Harrigan PR, Montaner JS. Tenofovir-based rescue therapy for advanced liver disease in 6 patients coinfected with HIV and hepatitis B virus and receiving lamivudine. Clin Infect Dis. 2008 Feb 1;46(3):e28-30.
- Klein MB, Cooper C, Brouillette MJ, Montessori, VC (collaborator), et al; CTN 194 Investigators. CTN-194 (PICCO): design of a trial of citalopram for the prevention of depression and its consequences in HIV-hepatitis C co-infected individuals initiating pegylated interferon/ribavirin therapy. Contemp Clin Trials 2008 Jul;29(4)617-30. Epub 2008 Jan 12.
- Kesselring AM, Wit FW, Lundgren, et al. Nevirapine Toxicity Multicohort Collaboration. Montessori, V (collaborator). Risk factors for treatment-limiting toxicities in patients starting nevirapine-containing antiretroviral therapy. AIDS 2009 Aug 24;23(13):1689-99.
- Mocroft A, Sterne JA, Egger M, et al, Antiretroviral Therapy Cohort Collaboration (ART-CC), Montessori, V (collaborator). Variable impact on mortality of AIDS-defining events diagnosed during combination antiretroviral therapy: not all AIDS-defining conditions are created equal. Clin Infect Dis 2009 Apr 14;48(8):1138-51.