Dr. Laskin’s clinical and research interests have primarily focused around lung and head and neck cancers. She is an active member of many national and international lung cancer advisory groups. She has been the principal investigator of more than 30 clinical trials including 7 investigator-initiated studies. In recent years, her research has evolved towards genomic and personalized medicine and she is the clinical program leader for the Personalized Oncogenomics (POG) Program which is a collaborative research program that involves the clinicians of the BC Cancer Agency (BCCA) and the Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre.
ABIM University of British Columbia Internal Medicine,
B.Sc. McGill University Biology,
FRCPC University of British Columbia Internal Medicine,
MD University of British Columbia,
- Owen DR, Wong HL, Bonakdar M, Jones M, Hughes CS, Morin GB, Jones SJM, Renouf DJ, Lim H, Laskin J, Marra M, Yip S, Schaeffer DF. Molecular characterization of ERBB2-amplified colorectal cancer identifies potential mechanisms of resistance to targeted therapies: a report of two instructive cases. Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud. 2018 Apr;4(2):a002535. PMID: 2943896
- Chahal M, Pleasance E, Grewal J, Zhao E, Ng T, Chapman E, Jones MR, Shen Y, Mungall KL, Bonakdar M, Taylor GA, Ma Y, Mungall AJ, Moore RA, Lim H, Renouf D, Yip S, Jones SJM, Marra MA, Laskin J. Personalized oncogenomic analysis of metastatic adenoid cystic carcinoma: using whole-genome sequencing to inform clinical decision-making. Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud. 2018 Apr;4(2):a002626. PMID: 29610392
- Ronsley R, Rassekh SR, Shen Y, Lee AF, Jantzen C, Halparin J, Albert C, Hawkins DS, Amed S, Rothstein R, Mungall AJ, Dix D, Blair G, Nadel H, Jones SJM, Laskin J, Marra MA, Deyell RJ. Application of genomics to identify therapeutic targets in recurrent pediatric papillary thyroid carcinoma. Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud. 2018 Apr;4(2):a002568. PMID: 29610391
- Ko JJ, Grewal J, Ng T, Lavoie JM, Thibodeau ML, Shen Y, Mungall AJ, Taylor G, Schrader KA, Jones SJM, Kollmannsberger C, Laskin J, Marra MA. Whole genome and transcriptome profiling of a metastatic thyroid-like follicular renal cell carcinoma. Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud. 2018; 4(6): a003137.
- Newton Y, Rassekh RS, Deyell RJ, Shen Y, Jones MR, Dunham C, Yip S, Leelakumari S, Zhu J, McColl D, Swatloski T, Salama SR, Ng T, Hendson G, Lee AF, Ma Y, Moore R, Mungall AJ, Haussler D, Stuart JM, Jantzen C, Laskin J, Jones SJM, Marra MA, Morozova O. Comparative RNA-sequencing analysis benefits at pediatric patient with relapsed cancer. JCO PO. 2018 Apr;2:1-16.
- Thibodeau ML, Reisle C, Zhao E, Martin LA, Alwelaie Y, Mungall KL, Ch’ng C, Thomas R, Ng T, Yip S, Lim H, Sun S, Young SS, Karsan A, Zhao Y, Mungall AJ, Moore RA, Renouf D, Gelmon K, Ma YP, Hayes M, Laskin J, Marra MA, Schrader KA, Jones SJM. Correigendum: genomic profiling of pelvic genital type leiomyosarcoma in a woman with a germline CHEK2:c.1100delC mutation and a concomitant diagnosis of metastatic invasive ductal breast carcinoma. Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud. 2018 Aug;4(4):a003327. PMID: 30068734
- Leung B, Laskin J, Wu J, Bates A, Ho C. Assessing the psychosocial needs of newly diagnosed patients with non-small cell lung cancer: identifying factors associated with distress. Psychooncology 2019 Feb [Epub ahead of print]. doi: 10.1002/pon.5025.
- Tsang ES, Shen Y, Chooback N, Ho C, Jones M, Renouf DJ, Lim H, Sun S, Yip S, Pleasance E, Ionescu DN, Mungall K, Kasaian K, Ma Y, Zhao Y, Mungall A, Moore R, Jones SJM, Marra M, Laskin J. Clinical outcomes after whole-genome sequencing in patients with metastatic non-small-cell lung cancer. Cold Spring Harb Mol Case Stud. 2019 Feb;5(1):a002659. doi: 10.1101/mcs.a002659
- Zhang L, Yang, C-H (James), Hirsh V, Kim SW, Park K, Lee KH, Boyer M, Shi Y, Massey D, O’Byrne K, Kolbeck K, Mok T, Laskin J, Tan E-H, Dubos-Arvis C, Lu S, Kim D-W, Paz-Ares L, Maerten A. LUX-Lung 7 dose adjustment. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol [Accepted]
- Alwelaie Y, Deyell RJ, Nadel HR, Tucker T, Laskin J, Rassekh R, Zhou C, English JC, Lee AF. ALK-positive lung adenocarcinoma arising in adolescent treated for relapsed neuroblastoma. J Thorac Oncol. [Accepted]
- D.N. Ionescu; D. Traeba, C.B. Gilks, S. Leung, D. Renouf, J. Laskin, R. Wood-Baker, A.M. Gown. Non-small Cell Lung Carcinoma With Neuroendocrine Differentiation-An Entity of No Clinical or Prognostic Significance. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007 Jan;31(1):26-32.
- T. J. Pugh, G. Bebb, L. Barclay, M. Sutcliffe, J. Fee, C. Salski, R. O’Connor, C. Ho, N. Murray, B. Melosky, J.English, J. Vielkind, D. Horsman, J. J Laskin and M. A. Marra. “Correlations of EGFR mutations and increases in EGFR and HER2 copy number to gefitinib response in a retrospective analysis of lung cancer patients”. BMC Cancer 2007, 7:128 (13 Jul 2007).
- B. Johal; J. Laskin: “A new era for bronchioloalveolar carcinoma: current state of the art and recent advances in biologically targeted therapy.” Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2006 Oct;6(10):1411-9. Review.