Selected out of over 20 Publications
1. Tsang ES, Villa D, Loscocco F, Visani G, Power M, Guiducci B, Clissa C, Song K, Toze C, Abou Mourad Y, Sutherland H, Sanford D, Nantel SH, Sehn LH, Scott DW, Savage KJ, Connors JM, Gerrie AS, Isidori A. High-dose Benda-EAM versus BEAM in patients with relapsed/refractory classical Hodgkin lymphoma undergoing autologous stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2018 Aug 31. [Epub ahead of print].
2 Limvorapitak W, Barnett MJ, Hogge DE, Forrest DL, Nevill TJ, Narayanan S, Power MM, Nantel SH, Broady R, Song KW, Toze CL, Mourad YA, Sutherland HJ, Gerrie AS, White J, Sanford DS. Outcomes of Intermediate Risk Karyotype Acute Myeloid Leukemia in First Remission Undergoing Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation Compared With Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation and Chemotherapy Consolidation: A Retrospective, Propensity-score Adjusted Analysis. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2018 Jul 17. [Epub ahead of print].
3 Boddu P, Gurguis C, Sanford D, Cortes J, Akosile M, Ravandi F, Garcia-Manero G, Patel KP, Kadia T, Brandt M, Maduike R, Kantarjian H, Borthakur G. Response kinetics and factors predicting survival in core-binding factor leukemia. Leukemia. 2018 Jun 8. [Epub ahead of print].
4 Zhu KY, Song KW, Connors JM, Leitch H, Barnett MJ, Ramadan K, Slack GW, Abou Mourad Y, Forrest DL, Hogge DE, Nantel SH, Narayanan S, Nevill TJ, Power MM, Sanford DS, Sutherland HJ, Tucker T, Toze CL, Sehn LH, Broady R, Gerrie AS. Excellent real-world outcomes of adults with Burkitt lymphoma treated with CODOX-M/IVAC plus or minus rituximab. Br J Haematol. 2018;181(6):782-790.
5 Alzahrani M, Power M, Abou Mourad Y, Barnett M, Broady R, Forrest D, Gerrie A, Hogge D, Nantel S, Sanford D, Song K, Sutherland H, Toze C, Nevill T, Narayanan S. Improving Revised International Prognostic Scoring System Pre-Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation Does Not Translate Into Better Post-Transplantation Outcomes for Patients with Myelodysplastic Syndromes: A Single-Center Experience. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2018;24(6):1209-1215.
6 Kliman D, Barnett MJ, Broady R, Forrest D, Gerrie A, Hogge D, Nantel S, Narayanan S, Nevill T, Power M, Sanford D, Song K, Sutherland H, Toze C, Abou Mourad Y. (2017). Comparison of a pediatric-inspired treatment protocol versus standard-intensity chemotherapy for young adults with standard-risk BCR-ABL negative acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia & Lymphoma. 58(4): 909-915.
7 Sanford D, Wierda WG, Burger JA, Keating MJ, O’Brien SM. Three newly approved drugs for CLL: Incorporating ibrutinib, idelalisib and obinutuzumab into clinical practice. Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma & Leukemia. 2015 2015;15(7):385-91.
8 Sanford D, DiNardo CD, Tang G, Cortes JE, Verstovek S, Jabbour E, Ravandi F, Kantarjian H, Garcia-Manero G. Jumping translocations in myeloid malignancies associated with treatment resistance and poor survival. Clinical Lymphoma, Myeloma & Leukemia. 2015;15(9):556-62.
9 Sanford D, Kantarjian H, O’Brien SM, Jabbour E, Cortes JE, Ravandi F. The role of ponatinib in Philadelphia chromosome positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy. 2015;15(4):365-73.
10 Sanford D, Hsia CC. A case of transfusion independence in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome using deferasirox sustained for two years after stopping therapy. Current Oncology. 2015;22(2):e128-32.
11 Sanford D, LoCocco F, Sanz MA, Di Bona E, Coutre S, Altman J, Wetzler M, Allen SL, Ravandi F, Kantarjian H, Cortes JE. Tamibarotene in patients with acute promyelocytic leukemia relapsing after treatment with all-trans retinoic acid and arsenic trioxide. British Journal of Haematology. 2015 Jul 24. doi: 10.1111/bjh.13607. [Epub ahead of print].
- Celgene Future Leaders in Hematology Award, Dec 2015. Awarded to Awarded to 5 fellows whose research have contributed to hematology.
- Fellow of the Year for the 2014 – 2015, MD Anderson Cancer Center Leukemia Fellowship Program, June 5, 2015
- 2014 ASH Abstract Achievement Award, American Society of Hematology (ASH), Awarded December 2014-December 2015 for abstract submitted on a study on the use of tamibarotene in relapsed acute promyelocytic leukemia
- Dr. David Meltzer Postgraduate Award in Hematology, University of Western Ontario, London ON, Awarded June 2012 for best performance in hematology by an internal medicine resident
- Program Director’s Award of Merit, University of Western Ontario, London ON, Awarded June 2010 for best performance during clinical rotations by a PGY1 internal medicine resident.
- Canadian Hematology Trainee Education Award, Canadian Hematology Educators Committee, Toronto, ON, July 2012-June 2013
- Summer Studentship, Child & Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, May – August 2006 and 2007
- Top Academic Achievement in Microbiology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Biology 3E03, Dec. 2004
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada Operating Grant-Awarded $238100 (July 2018-June 2020)
– Evaluation of N-myristoyltransferase in acute myeloid leukemia.
- Galloway Leukemia Research Seed Funding – VCHRI – Awarded $10000 (2016/01)
– Minimal Residual Disease Testing in Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- VGH & UBC Hospital Foundation – Awarded $100000 (2016/06)
– Minimal Residual Disease Testing in Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
- University of Western Ontario Gastroenterology Fund- Awarded $4,500 (2010/06 – 2013/07)
– Cross-sectional study examining opioid analgesic use and quality of life in Crohn’s Disease.
Courses Taught at UBC
- Clinicopathologic Correlates (CPC) session – Approach to Hematologic Malignancies. UBC Medical School – Year 1 Students. February 14, 2018.
- UBC FLEX Program
- UBC Internal Medicine Residency
- L/BMT Fellowship
- Hematology Fellowship
Continuing Education Activities
- UWO Internal Medicine Procedural Skills Workshop
– Taught medical students to perform thoracentesis at one of their procedural skills practice sessions
- UWO PGY1 Transition Day
– Participated in facilitating PGY1 transition day in preparation for becoming senior medical resident
– Organized a station practicing on-call clinical scenarios
- Ontario Medical Student Weekend
– Supervised practical workshop teaching medical students insertion of peripheral IVs
1. University of British Columbia, Sept 2015 – Present
- L/BMT Fellowship Curriculum and Teaching Series
•Revised L/BMT Fellowship Curriculum for developed a formal teaching schedule for the program
2. University of British Columbia, May 2017
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia Overview Lecture for Hematology Fellows
3. University of British Columbia, Sept 2016
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia Overview Lecture for L/BMT Fellows
4. University of British Columbia, Feb 19, 2016
- Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia for Internal Medicine Trainees
5. University of Western Ontario, July 2012
- Internal Medicine Procedural Skills Workshop
• Taught medical students to perform thoracentesis at one of their procedural skills practice sessions
6. University of Western Ontario, June 2012
- PGY1 Internal Medicine Transition Day
• Participated in facilitating PGY1 transition day in preparation for becoming senior medical resident
• Organized a station practicing on-call clinical scenarios
7. University of Western Ontario, Oct. 2010
- Ontario Medical Student Weekend
• Supervised practical workshop teaching medical students insertion of peripheral IVs