- Treatment of venous thromboembolism
- Diagnosis of venous thromboembolism in pregnancy
Residual pulmonary embolism as a predictor for recurrence after a first unprovoked episode: Results from the REVERESE cohort study
Dr. Tony Wan completed his MD undergraduate training and core internal medicine residency at UBC. During his General Internal Medicine fellowship at UBC, Dr. Wan went to Ottawa for one year to complete a clinical fellowship in thrombosis. He is a member of The Canadian Venous Thromboembolism Clinical Trials and Outcomes Research (CanVECTOR) Network.
Dr. Wan divides his clinical time between the inpatient clinical teaching unit service at St. Paul’s Hospital and the Rapid Access Thrombosis Clinic, where he focuses on outpatient management of venous thromboembolism and anticoagulation.
- Wan T, Rodger M, Zeng W, Robin P, Righini M… Le Gal G. Residual pulmonary embolism as a predictor for recurrence after a first unprovoked episode: Results from the REVERSE cohort study. Thromb Res. 2017 Dec 7. pii: S0049-3848(17)30582-0. doi: 10.1016/j.thromres.2017.11.020. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 29224973.
- Wan T, Skeith L, Kakovitch A, Rodger M, Le Gal G. Guidance for the diagnosis of pulmonary embolism during pregnancy: Consensus and controversies. Thromb Res. 2017 Sep; 157:23-28. doi: 10.1016/j.thromres. 2017.06.025. EPUB 2017 Jun 23. PMID: 28686913.
- Wan T, Tsang P. Catastrophic antiphospholipid syndrome presenting with pulmonary hemorrhage: Case report. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2015 Jan; 39(1): 68-70. doi: 10.1007/s11239-014-1089-y. PMID: 24894406.
Dr. Wan teaches medical students and residents at the Clinical teaching unit (CTU) and Ambulatory Clinic at St. Paul’s Hospital