- Departmental signature deadline is 6 business days before the external deadline (unless otherwise stated).
- We have a 48 hour turnaround policy for signatures.
- Submit signature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org cc: Anna Meredith in the Department of Medicine Research Office.
- Dr. Teresa Tsang, Associate Head of Research and Co-Acting Head signs for DoM Research. Read more about getting signatures here.
- July 23, 2018 | (LOI deadline) BC Innovation Council Ignite funding for commercialization of new technologies
- July 24, 2018 | (Registration deadline) CIHR Operating Grant: Understanding the Health Impact of Inactivity
- July 25, 2018 | National Multiple Sclerosis Research Grants
- July 30, 2018 | (DOM internal deadline) FOM CRC Tier 1 in Computational Genomics
- August 1, 2018 | (UBC Internal Deadline) Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
- August 1, 2018 | (LOI deadline) Weston Brain Institute: Rapid Response Canada 2019 (Parkinson’s and Related Diseases)
- August 1, 2018 | (LOI deadline) Weston Brain Institute: Transformational Research Canada 2019 (Parkinson’s and Related Diseases)
- August 9, 2018 | (LOI deadline) GlycoNet RFP Collaborative Team – Cycle II
- August 15, 2018 | CIHR Fall 2018 Project Grant registration deadline
- August 15, 2018 | CIHR 2018-19 Foundation Grant registration deadline
- August 21, 2018| CIHR Operating Grant: Antimicrobial Resistance: Point of Care Diagnostics in Human Health
- August 23, 2018 | (DOM internal deadline) Heart and Stroke Foundation Grants-in-Aid
- September 5, 2018 | (Registration deadline) CIHR Operating Grant: Epigenetics Clinical Translation
- September 5, 2018 | (DOM internal deadline) CIHR Fall 2018 Project Grant
- September 10, 2018 | (DOM internal deadline) CIHR 2018-2019 Foundation Grant
- September 14, 2018 | (LOI deadline) National Ataxia Foundation Research Grant
- September 30, 2018 | Mitacs Globalink Research Award
- October 1, 2018 | (LOI deadline) National Ataxia Foundation Young Investigator Awards
- October 15, 2018 | (LOI deadline) National Ataxia Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship Awards
- Weston Brain Institute: Big Ideas Canada
- Mitacs Accelerate Program
- Rare Diseases: Models & Mechanisms Network
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation Community Grant Program
- Weston Brain Institute Postdoctoral Scholars at Oxford
- A Kids’ Brain Tumor cure: PLGA Tumor Research Ongoing (LOI)
- NSERC Engage Grants (Rolling deadline)
- Horizon 2020 – Funding Opportunities for Canadian Researchers Deadlines: Various, 2018 to 2020. SPARC Contact: Deborah Watt
- Congratulations to Dr. Thalia Field and Dr. Nathaniel Hawkins, recipients of the 2018 Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute Investigator Awards.
Assistant Professor, Neurology | PhD Julie Robillard is a recently appointed Assistant Professor of Neurology that leads a research program at the intersection of dementia, ethics, and technology. Her current research is aimed at evaluating the quality and ethics of online health information and computerized tools for dementia screening and diagnosis. Dr. Robillard holds a B.Sc. […] Read More >
Professor, General Internal Medicine | MD, MSc Dr. Khan is a clinician researcher and general internist at St. Paul’s Hospital and scientific member of the Center for Health Evaluation and Outcomes Sciences (CHEOS). Her central motivation is aimed at providing acute and chronic disease management for vulnerable populations. Through these activities she is member of […] Read More >
Associate Professor, AIDS | PhD, MPH, BSc, BA Dr. Shannon’s research training includes a Masters degree in Global Public Health which focused on maternal and reproductive health in rural Bangladesh, followed by a PhD in Public Health and Epidemiology at UBC which explored the social and structural factors shaping HIV acquisition risk for street-based sex […] Read More >
If you have any questions about the Research Office, if you have a suggestion for research support you would like us to hear, or if you have a research project you would like assistance with, please contact us at:
Diamond Health Care Centre
10th floor, Room 10121 – 2775 Laurel Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1M9
Phone: 604 875 4111 ext 21503
Fax: 604 875 4886