- Departmental signature deadline is 6 business days before the external deadline (unless otherwise stated).
- We have a 48 hour turnaround policy for signatures.
- Submit signature requests to firstname.lastname@example.org cc: Anna Meredith in the Department of Medicine Research Office.
- Dr. Teresa Tsang, Associate Head of Research and Co-Acting Head signs for DoM Research. Read more about getting signatures here.
- April 16, 2018 | UBC Faculty of Medicine Distinguished Achievement Award
- April 16, 2018 | Development Grant LOI deadline | MSFHR Implementation Science Team (IST) Program
- April 17, 2018 | CIHR Early Career Investigators in Maternal, Reproductive, Child and Youth Health
- April 18, 2018 | Canadian Cancer Society: Awards for Excellence in Cancer Research
- April 19, 2018 | (LOI deadline) Weston Brain Institute: Rapid Response: Canada 2018
- April 20, 2018 | Health Professional Investigator in Women’s Health Research Award
- April 20, 2018 | 2019 CIHR-ICRH/CSS Distinguished Lecturer Award in Sleep Sciences
- April 27, 2018 | Elisse Zack Award for Excellence in HIV and Rehabilitation
- April 30, 2018 | Weston Brain Institute: International Fellowships: Canada 2018
- May 1, 2018 | CIHR Barer-Flood Prize for Health Services and Policy Research
- May 1, 2018 | American Society for Hematology: Bridge Grant
- May 1, 2018 | Government of Canada: Partnerships for Her Voice, Her Choice
- May 1, 2018 | Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies: International Research Roundtable Awards
- May 2, 2018 | National MS Society Pilot Grants
- May 9, 2018 | (ORS deadline) North American Spine Society Grants
- May 30, 2018 | MSFHR: 2018 Reach competition
- May 31, 2018 | St. Paul’s Foundation Enhance Patient Care Grants
- May 31, 2018 | Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research: Targeted Funding Opportunities
- Mitacs Accelerate Program
- Rare Diseases: Models & Mechanisms Network
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation Community Grant Program
- Weston Brain Institute Postdoctoral Scholars at Oxford
- A Kids’ Brain Tumor cure: PLGA Tumor Research Ongoing (LOI)
- NSERC Engage Grants (Rolling deadline)
- Horizon 2020 – Funding Opportunities for Canadian Researchers Deadlines: Various, 2018 to 2020. SPARC Contact: Deborah Watt
- Congratulations to Dr. Thalia Field and Dr. Nathaniel Hawkins, recipients of the 2018 Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute Investigator Awards.
Assistant Professor, Neurology | PhD Julie Robillard is a recently appointed Assistant Professor of Neurology that leads a research program at the intersection of dementia, ethics, and technology. Her current research is aimed at evaluating the quality and ethics of online health information and computerized tools for dementia screening and diagnosis. Dr. Robillard holds a B.Sc. […] Read More >
Professor, General Internal Medicine | MD, MSc Dr. Khan is a clinician researcher and general internist at St. Paul’s Hospital and scientific member of the Center for Health Evaluation and Outcomes Sciences (CHEOS). Her central motivation is aimed at providing acute and chronic disease management for vulnerable populations. Through these activities she is member of […] Read More >
Associate Professor, AIDS | PhD, MPH, BSc, BA Dr. Shannon’s research training includes a Masters degree in Global Public Health which focused on maternal and reproductive health in rural Bangladesh, followed by a PhD in Public Health and Epidemiology at UBC which explored the social and structural factors shaping HIV acquisition risk for street-based sex […] Read More >
If you have any questions about the Research Office, if you have a suggestion for research support you would like us to hear, or if you have a research project you would like assistance with, please contact us at:
Diamond Health Care Centre
10th floor, Room 10121 – 2775 Laurel Street
Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1M9
Phone: 604 875 4111 ext 21503
Fax: 604 875 4886